What you can’t miss at each Canton MI festival
Canton, Michigan is home to many annual events that attract people from all over the Metro Detroit area. There are so many Canton MI events festivals, you could go out every night of the week and watch music, laugh your head off at a comedy show or dance into the wee hours at a nightclub.
You could also attend one of these major Canton MI music festivals :
– A two-day summer festival embracing international music, arts & culture taking place on an open air stage set up in front of historic St. Peter’s church right in downtown Plymouth . The Weesperiode Festival features acts likebie Hancock, Aretha Franklin & the Four Tops.
2.American Folk Festival
– A high-energy, contemporary music and dance celebration of American roots music takes place at Riverside Park in Ypsilanti . This Canton MI events festival has been going strong since 1987 and features world-class musicians and dancers on multiple stages. Click here to find out how you can be one of them next year!
3.Detroit Jazz Festival
– Everyone knows Detroit is home to America’s automobile industry and Motown Sound but it also has a thriving live jazz scene that attracts some pretty big names like Diana Krall, Mary Stallings & Robert Stewart. So, swing by Hart Plaza during Labor Day weekend to listen to performances from national recording artists as well as those who are just starting out on their musical journey.
4.Detroit Electronic Music Festival
– The Motown sound has made its mark on electronic dance music or EDM as it is more commonly known. That is what makes this street fest so unique because you get to experience the best of both worlds with performances by Detroit’s own techno legends like Carl Craig, Kyle Hall & Mike Huckaby along with some of Europe’s finest Djs during Memorial Day weekend on Belle Isle .
Canton MI events festivals can’t be missed but there are some that you might want to consider for your next trip to Michigan including the following:
A.February Events in Canton MI
– With an average temperature hovering around 35 degrees Fahrenheit, winter here can make even the hardiest Michigander think about dismantling their snowmobiles and putting their fishing poles away for the season. But, there’s still plenty to do in Canton MI during February – like watch a movie under the stars at Stars & Stripes Drive-In Theatre or visit one of the many indoor attractions like the Michigan Science Center , which is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year.
B.St Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival
– Celebrate all things Irish in downtown Plymouth with a parade that starts at city hall and weaves its way through neighboring streets until it reaches Mill Street where you’ll find festive food & drink tents as well as live musical performances. It’s also worth mentioning that the festival has been voted “Best Parade” by USA Today readers nine times since 1991 because it truly is an event for the whole family.
C.April Events in Canton MI
– Hot times, cool sounds! If you are attending one of the many events in Canton MI during April , then there is a good chance you’ll catch one of these festivals :
D.Arts, Beats & Eats
– This four-day street festival has been an annual event since 1996 and it’s easy to see why because downtown Royal Oak really comes alive with music spanning multiple genres, interactive exhibits from local artisans & original works by international fine artists. All this activity takes place against the backdrop of live concerts on two stages plus themed activities like cooking demonstrations & kids’ craft workshops. There’s also plenty of food & drink options including vegetarian dishes so everyone can enjoy their time at the festival.
E.Troy Strawberry Festival
– This free Canton MI events festival might be the best way to celebrate spring because who doesn’t like strawberries? Visitors can look forward to live music, strawberry shortcake eating contests and other activities during this three-day event which provides a fun family atmosphere for all ages. Plus, you’ll find there is something for everyone like concessions & shopping plus an arts & crafts show where you can buy items directly from their creators .
F.Michigan Renaissance Festival
– If you are heading down south near Holly , then this eight-weekend Canton MI events festival should definitely be on your bucket list because it offers plenty of entertainment including jousting, comedy shows, magic acts & even a wench auction . It’s also a great place to purchase unique items from the many artisans who turn out each week during the festival season.
G.May Events in Canton MI
– There are plenty of events going on throughout May but here is a selection of some favorite happenings:
F.Memorial Day Parade & Celebration
– This year marks the 100th anniversary of America’s entry into World War I and Canton MI events festivals like this one will serve as good reminders of that important time in U.S. history and how we’ve grown since then. You can participate in the parade if you want or just spectate while enjoying an array of food & drinks plus live music along Michigan Avenue .
H.Summer Solstice Celebration
– This one-day event features live music, food & drink, a kids’ play area and more during the longest day of the year which means you’ll have plenty of opportunities to soak up those much-needed Vitamin D levels. Don’t forget to check out the awesome artisans who will be selling their wares as well as catching some live demo’s from local musicians on the main stage.
The Canton MI events festivals outlined above are just the tip of the iceberg so be sure to check out our website for additional details.