Michigan Pure Painting is a painting company whose preparation process is based on our knowledge and expertise of how to create a great paint job. We know that the key to having happy satisfied customers is by doing things right. This is why our home painters are committed to excellence.
Exterior Painting Preparation
- Full power wash of surface of the home to clean the surface, and remove dirt & cobwebs.
- Caulking of cracks where caulking has failed.
- Caulking of nail holes where nails have sunk into the siding.
- Scrape any loose or peeling paint from the exterior.
- Sand and prime areas that are chipping or peeling.
- Wood putty large gaps or holes in trim or siding boards.
- Masking off of the roof, bricks, windows, etc…
- Detergent power wash is done to remove mildew, usually found on the north side of the home.
Interior Painting Preparation
- All furniture is covered with plastic drapes.
- The flooring is covered with paint-proof drop cloths.
- Other valuables are covered.
- Major cracks in ceilings, walls, and trim are filled and caulked if necessary.
- Walls and ceilings are prepared by patching up any holes or cracks.
- Any chips or peeling on the trim is sanded and primed before applying paint.
Deck & Fence Preparation
- Thorough power wash to clean the surface and open up the pores in the wood.
- Areas that are oxidized (black) are sanded or wire brushed where necessary.
- After sanding, the area gets cleaned off again by power wash or a wet rag or towel.